The Lego brand has been around for what seems like eons, but with Legoland out on the west coast it’s not the place a New England family can hop over to for a Saturday out. I don’t know about your family, but in mine, Legos rule! So when we saw Lego Kidsfest 2010 was coming to Boston, I signed on to my Freeloader account at a local radio station and got a 50% off deal for tickets to what my son considers the main event of his life. Thank you WBMX, Mix 104.1 FM!
Lego Kidsfest 2010 will take place this weekend at the Hynes Convention Center on Boylston Street in Boston. There are 2 sessions each day, I assume, to keep the crowds manageable. Unfortunately, we are not the only Lego fans in Boston so they were smart to break up the days into blocks.
I’m truly not sure what to expect as it seems part convention, part trade show. No matter. A day out to play with Lego bricks and bond with my 11-year-old is well worth the price.
Visit the web site for more details but I know a few of the highlights will include:
- Life size Lego models of favorite characters like: SpongeBob, Darth Vader, Thomas the Tank Engine, Indiana Jones and more
- Building displays made entirely of Legos including cityscapes and railways
- Legoland Giveaway
- Lego Builders Cool Creation Zone for Lego enthusiasts
- Birthday party opportunities
- Face painters and balloon artists
- A Lego store
- Lego video game gallery
- Construction zones for kids of all ages
- Duplo play areas
I’ll be the one with the bug-eyed boy tugging at my sleeve…along with all the other moms and dads in the Hynes on Sunday afternoon. See you there!